This position has been filled. Watch our blog for future job opportunities at Slayer.
Slayer is building something extraordinary. Our Marketing team’s new Media arm seeks its first dedicated contributor, a Videographer. Continually aiming to enchant our clients and expand our reach, our next vital step is to reimagine how we do video.
A full description of this position can also be viewed as a PDF file.
As our Videographer, you will collaborate with a small team of creative marketers to develop a media strategy that will define our tactics for the next 1-2 years. You will conceptualize and create videos and other media to be used across many different channels, including our website, social media, technical support, e-commerce, and content marketing. Knowledge of both videography and still photography is preferred, as photography may account for as much as 25% of your weekly workload.
Our team is based in Seattle, WA, and candidates not currently living in the area should be willing to relocate. This is a full-time position, which receives numerous benefits, including health, 401(k), vacation time, paid holidays, and plenty of delicious coffee.
- Develop and sustain a strategy for engaging and effective video production.
- Assist the Marketing team to create a budget that both accomplishes our goals and stewards our resources.
- Coordinate logistics for multiple projects at various stages of production simultaneously.
- Create plans and/or storyboards to clearly communicate vision for each film before shooting begins.
- Write scripts that assist staff to quickly and accurately execute on set.
- Scout, select, and stage film locations, including studios and real-world environments.
- Coach on-camera participants and/or actors toward skillful performance.
- Operate camera, lighting, and audio equipment.
- Edit video and audio with professional software.
- Prepare finished videos for publication on multiple platforms, e.g. social media, Slayer website, etc.
- Manage and organize media for easy retrieval by staff.
- Excellent communication, verbal and written
- Constructive attitude in teamwork
- Acute attention to detail
- Expressive screenwriting and storyboarding
- Creative eye for staging products and people
- Expert lighting and audio management
- Artistic cinematography that engages, entices, and motivates the audience
- Proficiency with Final Cut Pro X and/or Adobe Premier Pro, according to personal preference
- Creative photography
- Motion graphics and animation
- HTML and CSS languages, as well as WordPress
- At least 2 years full-time film production, including product and/or brand marketing
- Project management
- Barista or other coffee-industry work
- Participation in a new product release
Interested? Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to [email protected].